Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 54

Aaargh!  I have been feeling far too angry and frustrated to post but after some therapy here I am.  Everything is moving at a snails pace over here and despite the fact that I promised myself that I would not get irritable and impatient, I am losing it. In fact, I am starting to wonder if I have a touch of split personality or bipolar.  This phase of the renovation should have been finished but unfortunately we still do not have a functional home.  We are crawling over furniture to get into bed, we have not had use of our kitchen or main bathroom for a month and there seems to be no end to it.  This is what our living area looks like:


This is what our bedroom looks like!  I am not feeling the joy right now.  I want to but it is just not coming to me.


On a more positive note, the kitchen tops went in and the Hanstone looks great.  The walls are bare since I was unable to decide how I wanted to finish them.  Initially I wanted a pure white glass splashback behind the extractor fan but now I think it may look too clinical to finish with white.  Also, I would love to have a glass splashback which fits the entire wall and another on the wall by the kitchen sink.  We may need to do this later as the budget has been blown.


It all comes down to finishing right now.  It seems that just as one item is ticked off the list another two are added.  I know it is all coming together now but I really want our home back.

No comments:

Post a Comment